September 10th, 2018
We have been busy over here in the office and we are excited to share some updates from our staff. From new employees, to babies on the way, we want you to share in our celebrations!
To start off, we have our newest member, Kristina. Kristina is a dental assistant with over ten years of experience. She started with us in July and we are so thrilled to have her skills to share with our patients. Kristina is an excellent baker and decorates her cakes like a professional! She has quickly become an asset around the office with her hard-working attitude and caring personality.
Delta joined our team in March, but is now a seasoned veteran around the office. She has years of experience as a dental assistant and has brought her expertise to Dr. Laster's office! Delta keeps all of our operational rooms up and running on a daily basis, along with serving as a leader for our team in the areas of patient care. Delta also is celebrating the birth of her second grandchild, a beautiful baby girl!
Andrea, as some of you may have noticed, is far along in her pregnancy. Her and her husband are excited to be welcoming a baby boy, due this month. Andrea has left our office to move to Charlotte and be with her husband. They are busy getting ready to bring their baby home!
We are thrilled for all of our staff members as exciting things are happening and families are growing. We are looking forward to seeing you in the office soon to share more news and updates!
July 3rd, 2018
Good afternoon patients of Christine D. Laster - We want to wish a great Independence Day from our office family to yours! Today we are dedicating our blog to the most-eaten foods on America's birthday, along with the increased likelihood of consumption on July 4th rather than any other day.
- Potato salad - Americans are 540% more likely to eat potato salad on July 4th than any other day of the year! Crazy!
- Baked beans - 357% more likely to be eaten
- Hot dogs - 210% more likely to be eaten
- Hamburgers - 117% more likely to be eaten
- Pickles - 167% more likely to be eaten
- Cole slaw - 150% more likely to be eaten
There's one thing these foods have in common - carbs/sugars! Otherwise known as the 2 ingredients that create cavities. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it! So with that being said, from us at your dentist, please enjoy your foods but make sure you head home to brush and floss after a great family celebration. Be safe and have a happy 4th!
Statistics from CNN Money via Harry Balzer.
June 26th, 2018
Hello patients of Dr. Christine Laster. We want to make you all aware of the recent passing of Dr. Don Ferrell Jackson, the very first owner of our dental office location. It is with a very heavy heart that we acknowledge his death on April 25, 2018, at the age of 86.
Dr. Jackson was born in 1931 in Mingo Township, NC, a little ways outside of Fayetteville. He served in the Air Force before attending UNC Chapel Hill for his undergraduate education and then later, his dental education. While at UNC, Don met his wife, Ruth, and they were married in 1958. Dr. Jackson's wife, Ruth, also attended dental school at UNC and upon graduation, they opened the practice we operate out of today. They worked at this practice until their retirement in 1996. We are very proud of his hard work and dedication to dentistry, and the patients we have gained from his legacy.
For the full obituary, please visit: http://www.cremnc.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=2098757
June 30th, 2016
Happy Independence Day from Dr. Christine D. Laster and team! The Fourth of July celebrations in America may have changed a lot over the years, but there is no doubt that we Americans love to celebrate the anniversary of our country's independence! Today we're devoting the Christine D. Laster, DDS blog to some fun facts about the Fourth!
- My, how we have grown! This year the United States Census Bureau estimates that our country has 313.9 million residents celebrating the Fourth of July this year, but back in 1776 there were just 2.5 million members of the country.
- Our country loves to show how proud that we are of our independence. Did you know that there are 31 United States places with the word “Liberty” in their names? The state of Iowa actually has four towns with the word Liberty in the name: Libertyville, New Liberty, North Liberty, and West Liberty.
- The United States loves Fourth of July food! It is expected that around 150 million hot dogs are eaten on the Fourth each year. One of the Fourth's most popular sides, potato salad, goes just perfectly with the hotdogs and hamburgers that are standard Fourth of July fare. Some people choose potato chips instead, but we wouldn't have such a plethora of potatoes if not for the prodigious production of the states of Idaho and Washington -- they provide about half of all the potatoes in the United States today!
- Americans love celebrating the Fourth outdoors: About 74 million Americans fire up their BBQ grill every Fourth of July.
- The Chinese contribution: Did you know that Americans have spent more than $211 million on fireworks that were imported from China?
No matter how your family chooses to celebrate the Fourth, stay safe, take precautions, and don't forget to brush after your fabulous Fourth feast!