Good afternoon patients of Christine D. Laster - We want to wish a great Independence Day from our office family to yours! Today we are dedicating our blog to the most-eaten foods on America's birthday, along with the increased likelihood of consumption on July 4th rather than any other day.
- Potato salad - Americans are 540% more likely to eat potato salad on July 4th than any other day of the year! Crazy!
- Baked beans - 357% more likely to be eaten
- Hot dogs - 210% more likely to be eaten
- Hamburgers - 117% more likely to be eaten
- Pickles - 167% more likely to be eaten
- Cole slaw - 150% more likely to be eaten
There's one thing these foods have in common - carbs/sugars! Otherwise known as the 2 ingredients that create cavities. Our mouths are watering just thinking about it! So with that being said, from us at your dentist, please enjoy your foods but make sure you head home to brush and floss after a great family celebration. Be safe and have a happy 4th!
Statistics from CNN Money via Harry Balzer.