August 2, 2019
Are you struggling to find a dentist in Raleigh
who can meet the dental needs of you and your family? It shouldn’t have to be a
struggle to find a professional who is equipped with the knowledge, training,
and skill set to help both you and your child achieve a healthy smile. In an
effort to help narrow your search, you might find it helpful to look for these 4
things that can make choosing the right dentist for your family much easier.
Comments Off on Here Are 4 Things to Look for When Searching for a Dentist in Raleigh
October 17, 2018
Posted on October 17th, 2018
Halloween will be here before we know it! Take advantage of
these good tips to avoid putting you or your child at risk of decay.
- It’s best to eat sweets and candy shortly after a meal. Your saliva is more active during meal times, so in order to ensure a faster break down of sugar, be sure to plan around other meals.
- Prevent yourself from snacking on sweets. Snacking throughout the day allows for continued sugar to coat your teeth. This accelerates the break down of your enamel when you are waiting to brush it off.
- Choose your candy wisely! Avoid eating hard or sticky candies as they stay in your mouth for a longer period of time and are harder for your saliva to break down.
- Donate your unwanted candy. Select your favorite candies and give us your left over sweets and we will donate it to the troops or you can find a local buy-back program! ($$$)
- Drink fluoridated water. Drink lots of water while you are eating your sweets to ensure that your teeth will have strong enamel to protect from sugars. That goes for bottled water as well!
Comments Off on Sugar Scaries This Halloween!
September 10, 2018
We have been busy over here in the office and we are excited
to share some updates from our staff. From new employees, to babies on the way,
we want you to share in our celebrations!
To start off, we have our newest member, Kristina. Kristina
is a dental assistant with over ten years of experience. She started with us in
July and we are so thrilled to have her skills to share with our patients.
Kristina is an excellent baker and decorates her cakes like a professional! She
has quickly become an asset around the office with her hard-working attitude
and caring personality.
Comments Off on Team Update
July 3, 2018
Good afternoon patients of Christine D. Laster – We want to
wish a great Independence Day from our office family to yours! Today we are
dedicating our blog to the most-eaten foods on America’s birthday, along with
the increased likelihood of consumption on July 4th rather than any other day.
- Potato salad – Americans are 540% more likely to eat potato salad on July 4th than any other day of the year! Crazy!
- Baked beans – 357% more likely to be eaten
- Hot dogs – 210% more likely to be eaten
- Hamburgers – 117% more likely to be eaten
- Pickles – 167% more likely to be eaten
- Cole slaw – 150% more likely to be eaten
Comments Off on Happy 4th of July!
June 26, 2018
Hello patients of Dr. Christine Laster. We want to make you
all aware of the recent passing of Dr. Don Ferrell Jackson, the very first
owner of our dental office location. It is with a very heavy heart that we
acknowledge his death on April 25, 2018, at the age of 86.
Dr. Jackson was born in 1931 in Mingo Township, NC, a little
ways outside of Fayetteville. He served in the Air Force before attending UNC
Chapel Hill for his undergraduate education and then later, his dental
education. While at UNC, Don met his wife, Ruth, and they were married in 1958.
Dr. Jackson’s wife, Ruth, also attended dental school at UNC and upon
graduation, they opened the practice we operate out of today. They worked at
this practice until their retirement in 1996. We are very proud of his hard
work and dedication to dentistry, and the patients we have gained from his
Comments Off on The Passing of Dr. Don Ferrell Jackson